Our mission is to provide a place, rooted in Jewish tradition, where all people feel welcome, supported and enriched. We strive to foster connections to our past, to our future and to the divine in an intimate, accepting community.
What's Happening at CBJ
Monday - Thursday, 7 PM
Friday Night Shabbat Service, 7:30 PM (There are no Friday night services during the summer.)
Saturday Morning Service, 9:30 AM
Sunday Morning Service (when Religious School is in session), 9 AM.
A Midsummer Night's Shabbat
Friday, July 28th at 6:00 pm
Though things quiet down in the summer, we're not willing to go too long a stretch without celebrating together. Join us at the Rosenfeld home for a dairy/parve vegetarian potluck Shabbat dinner at 6:00 pm, followed by an informal (outdoors?!) Kabbalat Shabbat service at around 7:00 pm. More details forthcoming, but mark your calendar now.
Food Distribution Program
CBJ has partnered with the Jewish Relief Agency (JRA) to create a network for delivering groceries to housebound people in Phoenixville one Sunday a month.
Thank you to everyone who helped with Tikkun Olam/Social Action projects throughout the year! We did so many mitzvot! CBJ can be proud that we:
· delivered hundreds of grocery boxes through our Food Distribution Project
· packed over 300 Breakfast Bags for Aid For Friends,
· donated 58 adult coats plus a box full of hats, gloves and scarves to Eagleville Hospital,
· donated 52 kids coats plus a big box of hats, gloves and scarves, 3 pairs of boots, a big bag of toys and $490 in gift cards to St. Mary's shelter in Phoenixville,
· donated toiletries and nonperishable food to PACS in Phoenixville,
· donated party supplies to a local shelter and
· cleaned up CBJ on Mitzvah Day!
We have expanded the program to include more households and we need more back-up drivers, so please let us know if you are interested in helping with this wonderful project! Contact Amy Borla or Tess Casper.
Sunday, July 16 at 10:30AM
All congregants are welcome